FAFSA Completion Challenge
Hosted by the Colorado Department of Higher Education with support from PopSockets
for those school districts with a data-sharing agreement to use the FASFA Completion Portal. Designated entities are not eligible.
Hey, Students! Check out this checklist to get your piece of the FAFSA pie:
- Get an FSA ID now at fsaid.ed.gov for you and your parent/guardian. You can also submit a FASFA as an independent. Who is my parent when I fill out the FAFSA?
- Gather info: FSA ID; you and your parents’ Social Security Number, 2017 tax information, current bank statements; your driver’s license or state ID…we know it’s a lot, but it will make the process go quicker having it all in one place. Most people can complete the FAFSA in less than 30 minutes with all the paperwork ready!
- Start and submit your FAFSA at FAFSA.gov: paper applications are accepted, but online allows you to skip questions that don’t apply to you!
- Receive and review your Student Aid Report: The Student Aid Report is sent to you directly. If they need any more information, it will list it under “WHAT YOU MUST DO NEXT.” You need to complete all the steps before schools will send award letters with financial aid.
- Celebrate! Your hard work has paid off and you’re that much closer to receiving money for college! Share your story by tagging #HungryforFAFSA #PieChallengeCo on your Twitter and Facebook posts for the chance to be featured statewide.
Hey, Counselors & Student Support Staff - Thanks for all you do!
- Materials for the "Hungry for Financial Aid" campaign (posters, tickets, PopSockets for incentives) will be distributed at the 10/17 SCCG Event, made available for pick up at CDHE, or mailed to you (mailing is last option)!
- What's included?!
o Please use this flier to determine your school’s incentives!
o You know your students best – what resonates with them?! A few potential ideas**:
§ First “#” students to complete a FAFSA receive a PopSocket / or entry to win a PopSocket!
§ Reach “#” students and a counselor gets “Pied in the face” at a pep rally
§ Reach “#” students and those students receive $5 off a prom ticket
§ Reach “#” students
o CDHE will continue to follow and offer these incentives:
1 FAFSA Challenge poster per School within your District (Design available for more printing 8.5x11 or 11x17)
§ Banner Recognition for districts and schools with greatest increases in submissions and completions
§ NEW: The first 20 schools to reach 80% FAFSA Completion will be entered into a drawing for a pizza party for the entire senior class coordinated by CDHE.
FAFSA Tickets (Design available for more printing/cutting)
"x" Boxes of 6 Colorado Flag PopSockets per District. This box count of 6 PopSockets was determined for all participating districts with a data sharing agreement by 10/16/2018 to use the FAFSA Completion Tool based on the cohort count for the 2018-2019 FAFSA Cohort (CDE Enrollment Count). HUGE Thanks to our supporters PopSockets!
Digital Sticker for your upcoming enewsletter or FAFSA Night (Download here)
**Each incentive is determined by each school and is subject to change! CDHE is only offering suggestions.
- Please email Stephanie.Ricker@dhe.state.co.us with any questions.